We have some sad but exciting news…
The sad news is, that our Girls Stitch In event that was to be held on the 13th and 14th of March will not be held at the Highfields School Hall this year…
The exciting part is – no matter where you are in Australia, no matter what restrictions are in place, you can ALL attend our Girls Stitch In 2021!
The past 12 months have forced many of us to step outside our comfort zone, think outside the box and embrace the changes no one saw coming. The start of 2021 seems to be no different.
We have had many ladies contact us over the last few weeks who are extremely keen to attend our event, but due to the unpredictability of current covid restrictions have decided not to attend – which we completely understand.
We have put many hours into breaking down the situation, and we realised that the words “cancel” and “quit” are most definitely not in The Quilters Angel vocabulary. And because we love a good challenge, the Girls Stitch In 2021 WILL be going ahead, but will be presented via a different platform.
This is how it will work:
- We will have a limited number of Girls Stitch In packs available for purchase, which will include:
- 2 Brand new patterns created by our guest designers Lauren from Molly and Mama, and Kris from Tag Along Teddies especially for this event.
- Both of the project kits which contain 3.5 metres of fabric, both designs pre-printed onto fabric, embroidery thread packs containing DMC and Cottage Garden Threads and embellishment packs – just as at the event, these projects remain a mystery until you receive your pack! We will be sharing sneaky peeks but the full project won’t be revealed until the original event date in March.
- Exclusive access to a private Girls Stitch In Facebook Group where you will have direct contact with Lauren and Kris as well as fun and interesting behind the scenes chatter, information and live videos.
- Exclusive tutorial videos from our designers on their projects, along with their favourite tips.
- Discount Vouchers from a variety of online shops
- A selection of special gifts
And all this comes in a one-of-a-kind bag!
By doing the event this way, we can all feel safe by not having to travel, we can still surround ourselves with a bunch of likeminded stitchers, and we can celebrate womanhood by taking time out for you and embrace all things girlie and stitching!
Please be assured – this online format is not forever, and will not be replacing our future events. We are all in an extra ordinary time, and although we know many love attending our events in person, just as we love hosting them, for the time being, this is our best option.
We have thought long and hard about the situation and how to go about it, as our events are very dear to us, and you, our participants are our number 1 priority.
Pre-orders of the Girls Stitch In packs are now available and will be posted out on the original GSI date (13th March). The packs will contain all information regarding the exclusive Facebook Group and video tutorials, but these will also be emailed to you using the email address you purchase the pack with.
We thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts for your understanding, but know that nothing will stop us from helping to feed your creative journey!
PURCHASE THE GIRLS STITCH IN PACK HERE
Lauren from Molly and Mama is all about helping you to achieve your creative dreams, by teaching you the techniques and skills that have been passed on from each generation, so that you too can experience the joy and satisfaction of making beautiful things by hand.Lauren loves to design whimsical, small sewing projects that inspire you to learn something new! Whether you are a beginner sewist or an experienced maker, Laurens patterns allow you to build upon your skills and show you how to explore new creative possibilities with a needle and thread. From bags to home decor, gifts and accessories, Lauren’s patterns feature stitchery, appliqué, English paper piecing, patchwork and wool felt.
Kris of Tag Along Teddies is long time friend of The Quilters Angel and has been a guest designer at multiple events. We love Kris’ ability to think outside the box and create stunning projects for the participants. Kris designs simple but effective stitcheries, and always uses them in pretty and practical projects.