Back by popular demand, we are delighted to offer another version of Field Journal Club by Katie Dawson of Cottage Garden Threads!
The Field Journal quilt uses vintage style stitcheries and journaling to marry all 150 Cottage Garden Threads with fabrics designed by ‘Lucello’ to create a truly vintage appeal.
Starting in July 2022, the Field Journal Club is 12 instalments, broken down into 3 subscriptions (you only need to sign up to 1 subscription at a time, with the option to continue on the the next - so by signing up, you are committing to the first 4 instalments).
At the end of 3 subscriptions, you will put together a queen sized quilt. Each stitchery design does not use a full skein of thread so you will also have 150 threads in your collection by the end!
The skill level required for the stitcheries is intermediate. An example of stitches used is back, stem, chain, buttonhole, satin, seed, French knot, bullion knot, detached chain.
Each block of the program, you will receive the following:
- 9 x Cottage Garden Threads variegated 6 stranded embroidery thread.
- 9 x botanical stitchery transfer designs (for you to iron on)
- 9 x hanky linen background squares
- 9 x (6 ½ inches x 6 ½ inches) pieces of Lucello fabric.
- 9 x journal pages with a stitch guide, color photo and a section for journaling (Journal prompts will be provided in block 1)
During the first block, you will also receive:
Also, we have designed an extra way to put your quilt together using Quilt-as-you-Go Hexagons!
You don’t need to decide right away, as both options are provided in the club!
BLOCKS ARE SENT BI-MONTHLY
BLOCK 1: $175
BLOCKS 2, 3, 4: $100 each
(plus $9 per block tracked postage)